May 6, 2013

Reboot your life~

So for an early birthday present my lover got us a juicer. This isn't just ANY juicer, this thing is so scary strong, I feel BAD for the fruits and veggies it juices!

So my love bought a juicer because of a movie we had recently watched on Netflix (We have an obsession with Documentaries) 'Fat, sick, and nearly dead.' Here's the wikipedia description...
'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a 2010 American documentary film which follows the 60-day journey of Australian Joe Cross across the United States as he follows a juice fast to regain his health under the care of Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Nutrition Research Foundation's Director of Research. Cross and Robert Mac, co-creators of the film, both serve on the Nutrition Research Foundation's Advisory Board. Following his fast and the adoption of a plant-based diet, Cross lost 100 pounds and discontinued all medications.'
Sounds interesting right? Well it ended up being MORE than that, it was somewhat of a tear jerker? This man- disatisfied with his eating habits, starts juicing. Along the way he feels amazing (Not so much in the beginning), starts losing weight, gains his stamina back, gets off all his meds, etc. He ends up helping another man who was in the same position who went from losing his whole family, living in depression, to feeling good about himself, being able to spend actual time outdoors with his kids, and eventually gets off his meds. Of course, all of this done under the supervision of a Doctor, and they exercised regularly.


I started thinking about my eating habits- Though we dont eat processed foods much anymore, I do find myself not eating enough veggies! For me, this juicing would hopefully give me the energy to keep up with my little one, stay focused longer in school, and maybe even make me less tired? My lover felt the same, so he ened up buying this juicer, and so far we've made apple juice from whole apples (Pits and all, so you should know this baby is a beast!) for our son, and carrot juice here and there. This month we plan on getting some recipes (There's a bunch on the movies website) to start playing with veggies and fruits!

Im excited to start this new me. More veggies, and less tiredness!
Have you seen this movie? If so, what did you think of it?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment