Feb 6, 2013

Missha BB Cream #21 Review


I'm sure lot's of you have heard about the BB cream hype in the west recently, but it's NOTHING that is compared to the East's BB cream! A couple days ago I received some new BB cream in the mail, so I thought I'd do a little review.

When I first tried Missha's BB cream, I was astounded by the fact that there was more coverage, and a tone that actually fits my extremely fair complexion, compared to our usual brands that NEVER match! The reason? In Asian countries, fair skin is considered beautiful, and all women strive for it. The complete opposite of the States, where the tanner you are, the hotter you'll look. Laying this out, it's always been difficult to find the right color with the brands we find in the US. Everything is too pink, or too orange!! Even the lightest 'porcelain' is too dark for me! :(

When BB creams hit the US, I was soooo excited! No more having to order online! wooo! But after picking one up at the store, to my dismay, the lightest color was EXTREMELY orange against my tone! I didn't even realize until I got home from school that I had an orange face! (No wonder I got so many looks!) I was so embarrassed! Since then, I stopped buying western brands, and stuck to my so far favorite-Missha!

This time, instead of buying my normal color #13 (Which is literally, whitest of white) I picked #21, which from what I've read, is what fair skinned girls usually get. I figured I'd experiment with the color to see if I could continue to buy this popular color, or if I should stick with my 'hard to find tone' #13.

The nice thing about Missha BB cream (Like ALL Asian BB creams) it contains a moisturizer,  foundation, and SPF....But not our usual amount (SPF 25), talk about SPF 45! So you get the full Monte, something our Western brands forgot about when trying to recreate BB cream.

Here is a before and after photo of how much coverage it gives- A pretty decent amount might you say.It is a bit heavy on the face, which isn't too bothersome for me.


Overall I'm a big fan of Missha's BB cream. I would like to try other brands, but due to a hefty price and shipping cost, I tend to not want to experiment, just in case it doesn't work for me. This tone #21 is is still a bit pink/yellow, so I'll probably stick with #13, to help tone down the areas of my face that are flushed. Though it doesn't cover all my blemishes and acne, it still masks them MORE than the western brands that I  use to buy, so I'm pretty content.

Have you tried any BB creams before? If so, what was your experience?


post signature

4 comments:

  1. im very pale too and this one is a bit dark for me too. i like skin 79 pink one since it suits my skin tone the best~ so maybe you should try it out too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I bought this tone,I was looking into Skin79 as well! I wasn't sure if it'd match so I just went for Missha instead. I'll definitely have to try Skin79 then. Thanks!

      ~Ama

      Delete
  2. i'd really love to try the asian bb cream.. the western ones almost seem like they're just tinted moisturizers.. hahaha!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! There's nothing special about western brands, unfortunately. :(

      ~Ama

      Delete