Dec 31, 2012

New Years Eve Outfit~




Since the day after Christmas, my little family and I headed up north to my lovers families house. We have stayed for about a whole week, it's been like a mini vacation away from home. Haha. Yeah, I've been extremely lazy with posts since we got here, but I swore to myself I'd do a New Years eve outfit post, JUST so I don't regret having done nothing since we arrived.
For New Years eve, I don't think we have anything planned, which for once I'm okay with. So I dedicate this post with a few goals I've achieved that have bettered my life for 2012, and of course some goals for 2013 that I hope to fulfill.

Goals I achieved in 2012
  1.  The first was going back to school. After giving birth, I took a year off, and becoming comfortable with my life I was afraid to go back to school. Will I get to see my son EVER?? Will I be stressed like crazy?? Too much homework?? And for the most part, I WAS stressed, I had a BUNCH of homework, and I didn't get to be with my lil' tiger as much as I wanted. Though I made sacrifices, I'm so proud of myself! I received 'A's in both of my classes I had taken! Woo! It's been a hard one but worth it!
  2.  I started my own online business. With the help of my lover, I was able to start up my own business selling cute handmade accessories. It was a wonderful experience of high responsibility, and I was happy to see a lot of people interested in my products!
  3.  Changed my mindset to recycling EVERYTHING possible, instead of throwing things away. I've become concerned with the way society lives, and I'm afraid of my son not having the ability to live on an earth that is green and lush, with diversity and clean resources, I would like to change things starting with my family, in hopes to teach my son the importance of reusing, and finding better alternatives to things such as chemical cleaners, toxic products, etc. And so far we've had great success, and my lover has been quite supporting to these changes.
  4. This kind of falls under number three, but I feel it deserved it's own number. BIKING! We literally bike EVERYWHERE. Since we no longer have a car to use, we invested in bikes and now that is our new transportation  And we love it! We bike to get produce, we bike to appointments, sometimes in the rain (When no other choice :P) and we bike just for the hell of it. Thanks to biking, I was able to lose all my 'baby fat' and get back down to my original weight from high school. Woo woo! I don't think we plan on going back to using the car since we started biking, it's nice. And thanks to our city, which promotes biking, it has helped us find super awesome bike paths and whatnot to keep the ride interesting!
  5.  I started this blog, and so far been consistent with posting. It's cool to read how far I've came since this summer, Haha. It's also a good routine to keep up on, which I'm bad with routines :P

My goals for 2013
  1.  Continue to pursue a degree in Biological Science, Sustainablilty, and possibly Environmental Horticulture
  2.  Start up a new clothing business
  3. Continue my path of eating a close to vegetarian/organic diet.
  4.  Continue Biking
  5.  Keep up on my blog!

How do you plan on celebrating New Years? What are some of your goals for our coming year: 2013?
~Ama

9 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! And congrats on working hard and achieving your goals :). Happy New Year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New year to you as well!~

      Delete
  2. You have done so many wonderful things in 2012, that was a hard list! You goala for 2013... I am impressed by! You seem like such a strong-willed lady and I admire that!

    Lindsey Louise

    Hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It means alot to hear things like this!
      ~Ama

      Delete
  3. The clothing sounds like such a great idea :) I just love the boots, suede, fringe and tan-perfect!!


    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my most favorite outfit! I try and wear this one whenever I can, Haha

      Delete
  4. Cute look! And these are great goals for the year. Best of luck!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recycling and reducing is a huge thing I did last year and I know I will keep improving on. Almost everything we use is recyclable. Now we just need to reduce MORE. Oh and of course we reuse. I plan to do a blog post about this soon. :) Also, it's awesome that you bike everywhere. It's such a great workout. I can't wait to live somewhere someday that is easier to bike in. Our city isn't bad, but it could be better.

    ReplyDelete